Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Not So Secret Love



Why you ask did I become a teacher? Possibly to mentor a child and help them to become an active and responsible citizen. Or maybe because I love children and there is no greater call than to teach them and love them.

Those are all great reasons. But not my reason.


The reason I became a teacher was my love for school supplies. Sometimes when I am bored or need to get out of the house I go to Staples and peruse the isles. There is nothing better than the smell of newly sharpened pencils. Don't get me started on a fresh package of markers....

Some husbands worry about their life savings when their wives go to the mall. My husband demands my credit card when I need to go pick up 'a few things' from staples.... - yeah right, like I would give anybody anything that they demanded, I am a Hamilton!

No comments: