Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am a Chicken!

Ethan is going tomorrow to get his kindergarten vaccination. In reality he should have gotten his shot about 3 months ago, but I was too scared.Numbered ListI hate going to take my kids to get the dreaded needle, no matter what age. When they are babies, they are so unsuspecting and then WHAM-O, pain! I cry everytime. As they get older and understand more they are still don't understand why they are being needlessly tortured. Again I cry everytime.
I bribed Ethan will all sorts of toys and treats, mostly for my ease. I told him if he did not hide or run away or scream or cry and I would buy him a gift. Then he sweetly asked me 'mom, would it be okay if I just cried quietly to myself?' So I took away the crying clause in our agreement. I am pretty sure there will be crying on my part, again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a baby, I never cry when the monkey gets her shots...
I'll take your kids to get them if you'll take the noodle.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Maybe someone needs to bride you with a gift if you don't cry.

Kaycee said...

I will take a new purse or some new shoes. I could stop myself for that.