Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Don't Wanna Be A Grown Up!


You know when you were in high school and adults would come up to you and say " I remember when you were a baby or just walking ... etc." I didn't hate it when they did that, but I most certainly thought - I am never going to do that.


Well ... I guess I am officially an adult , being married for ten years with 2 kids and a mortgage did not make me adult, but repeating THOSE words to my cousin does. I just couldn't help it, honestly! I had to say it. When I saw him all these memories of babysitting him and swinging him around by his overalls (he loved it and I was a great babysitter) just came flooding back to me. He was standing in front of me a man, makes me so proud ... tear.


I only said it once even though I thought it like every time I saw him. He is in grade 11. I can't believe it. I honestly feel like I am still in high school and I don't think I look any different - RIGHT. Anyone out there want to disagree with me? Because I'll fight you! (yup, just like high school.)

1 comment:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I totally remember little Mitch. I can't believe he is in Grade 11. What the heck???

Wait, if you think that he is all grown up, does he think that you are 'old'.

PS. I am loving all your posts as of late. Keep it up.