Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Devil Makes Me Do It?

There is nothing in the world like getting up early. It starts my day off right. I feel better about EVERYTHING when I get up an hour or so before my kids. I am nicer to them, I am more happy, I am better prepared and just in general I am a better person. When I am fully awake and thinking about it I can see NO downsides.
BUT, boy oh boy when my alarm goes off at 6am there is very little that will get me out of bed. Within seconds all the stuff I was going to do during that 'special morning me time' gets rearranged. I can reschedule my day in 10 seconds flat when I want to get back to sleep. (working out can go here, showering there, and I'll just skip scriptures, sweet, now back to sleep).
I ask myself 'Why oh why is it so stinkin' hard'? I hate - well strongly dislike - myself all day for sleeping in.
The only logical explanation is the devil makes me do it. In all seriousness I think that he knows how much better my life is when I wake up early, so he tempts me.


I can conquer this .... right?

2 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

This just brings back memories of early morning seminary. Not even Sister Gilson could get you out of bed.

Tracy said...

I agree! Why is it so stinkin' hard! I love my sleep and sometimes after my kids leave for school I go back to sleep.