Monday, February 8, 2010

As You Wish Oprah

I am diabetes obsessed! Actually I am non diabetes obsessed.Oprah has control over me. Did anyone see her show with my personal physician - Dr. Oz? In case you couldn't figure it out, it was about diabetes - America's Silent Killer, I assume it also applies to Canada. I am sure glad that my new year's resolution was to stop eating sugar, so I was relatively guilt free while watching the show. I am even more motivated to eat only a little bit of sugar and exercise regularly.
This is a pic of Dr. Oz telling Oprah that heart attacks are the number one cause of death in diabetics. The thing that is sad to me was that type 2 diabetes is completely manageable... man this is kinda a heavy topic for me.

I sure hope Oprah doesn't do a show telling me to give up my kids because I might just have to listen.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

how is your new years resolution of no sugary treats going? I crash and burned. I'm an addict--I admit it. give me the diabetes needles its totally worth it to me!!!! (Sorry. That was super inappropriate. I apologize to everyone :)

XOXO
T