Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why Do I Care About Their Lives? ... NO MORE!

I have a new goal. If you were in my mind you would hear me utter that sentence every 2-3 days. But this goal is serious enough for me to expose it to the world, so here goes...

No more celebrity news for me. No more Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood and my personal fav TMZ. Now let me clarify, I am not an avid celebrity watcher, but I know and watch enough to keep me in the know. But I have decided the stuff I do know is to much. Really I am not a better person for knowing who got TTYNed by Paris Hilton or Jon and Jen are back again or that Hugh Grant has a Temper. I could go on. None of this stuff enriches my life in ANY way. I have come to the conclusion that I would be better suited to sit in a dark room by myself and stare at a white wall, than watch the 'news'.
I don't want to be one of those people that calls TMZ my 'news program'. (you know like on 'So I Married An Axe Murder?) I do however want to be one of those people who says 'Oh, I don't know who Speidi is ... is that some sort of insect?.
If some of the references above have confused you, good for you, you are my muse.

5 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Oh I love celeb gossip. I can't get enough. I know more about celebs than I do real news.

I love to read my magazines!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Today my mom told me that I shouldn't wear a dress to the park. I told her "Nicole Richie always does when her and Harlow go to the park."

Kaycee said...

Oh man , that's funny!

Anonymous said...

I have a problem as well... Speidi was... were... is that singular or plural? I'm gonna go with singular... was on the view the other day and they are so stupid. I actually wish I could have reached through the TV and slapped them, especially her, with her spray shampoo!! But I watched the whole thing!!!!

Kaycee said...

And are you a better person for it? NO!