Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kaycee and Kate (plus Sarah)

Ever since I saw the movie 'Julie and Julia' I have wanted to copy Amy Addams. The only problem is that Julia Childs recipes are so beepin' hard. I am positive I would quit as soon as I had to stuff my hand up a chicken butt (sorry for the visual image ... what? you didn't have a visual, well you do now!) So I've adjusted the idea a little. I am going to cook every recipe found on the .... wait for it .... Internet!!!




What's that you say? That might be a little over ambitious. FINE! I guess I'll just focus in on 'Our Best Bites'. I started today and I must say that my food preparation area looked NOTHING like Sara and Kate's prep area. You know how some on blogs everything is perfect. In all the pics everyone and everything looks like they belong in Martha Stewart? Well not here my friends, not here. Not only is this my kitchen mid way through the recipes, but this is what my child was doing the entire time I was cooking/baking. She even asked me several times if she could bake something today. I answered without even pretending I had a good reason "No". Hey at least I didn't scream it at her.


So this is what I made Taco Chicken (pics courtesy of Our Best Bites) - it was pretty good. Bart said the recipe was a keeper, but the down side was my kids didn't like it. (don't you worry though, I still forced it down there throats). On the upside it took almost no time at all and it's a BBQ recipe so Bart cooks it. (you know b/c I have never familiarized myself with the ways of the BBQ, so therefore I never have to cook on it) the less you know the better ( although some after school PSA's would have you believe differently - remember the rainbow underneath the slogan the more you know?).

Here I found a pic for you. Just in case you thought I was a nut case.


And I also made the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. Seriously c'mon look at the pic - SO GOOD! Bart pointed out that it tasted somewhat like Bite O' Brownie from Moxie's. And the best part was that it was SO EASY and I really mean that. This one is definitely a keeper. The only slight downside -I hate to be a 'Cathy Calorie Counter' (I trademark that phrase) but it is 16points on the WW, that's like 580 Calories.


I will keep you guys posted on my progress. I hope to make another recipe sometime before the end of the year.

1 comment:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I love Our best bites. I got the cookbook. It is good. They have a poppy seed dressing that I am addicted too. Maybe it is the poppy seeds, like opium. lol

I hope that you blog about more of the things that you make.