Friday, July 3, 2009

Thingy

Thingy. I love this word. It makes me giggle like a school girl every time I hear it. It doesn't even have to be someone else using it, even when I use it I have to take a moment to compose. C'mon, thingy, it's hilarious. I think I love it so much because it can be used in so many different situations. Next time you need a good laugh just replace the object of your sentence with thingy.
No pics - I really didn't want to google thingy - YIKES!

PS - Thingy didn't even come up on my spellcheck, it's a real word.

2 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Thingy is a good word. I am going to have to use it more often!

Tracy said...

Hmmmm. I am going to have to admit that I hate the word 'Thingy' It is a word that was invented in Cardston Canada and my mother's side of the family uses it shamelessly and much too often. Example: Mom where are my keys? I am late for work. Mom: they are over in the thingy by that whatchamacall it. Me: Where? Mom: You know that thingy! (as if saying it louder is going to make the word have any more meaning.)In the thingy, by the thingy, or near the thingy are all phrases that may inspire me to murder someone one day. Sheesh.