Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It Is What It Is ...

Just a quick rant.
What's going on with this 'upcycling' business? everywhere I turn - literally everywhere - I see crafts where people upcycle a old jar or upcycle a picture frame. Upcycling PLEASE.
I guess RECYCLING isn't good enough for us anymore. We are to fancy to recycle. I mean in my humble opinion recycling is just a fancy way of saying 'using garbage'. It's almost as bad as vintage - I think you mean 'old'.
Just calls (yes calls) it as it is, it detract from the cuteness just because you call it recycled.
BTW - I just did spell check on this here post, and upcycle is not even a WORD.

PS - Sorry to my 3 readers if you use the word upcycle - don't worry it dosen't make you a bad person. I still like you.

3 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I actually heard the word upcycle for the first time today. I had never heard it before. Then I was cruising Pinterest and saw someone used the word.

Lame-a-zoid

The Steed's said...

I have never heard the term, but I am a little tired of seeing ugly 70's/eighties furniture upcycled. The bulky wood octagon side table was ugly back in the day, so I am not sure why people think that painting it and glazing it to make an eighties table look "vintage" is a good idea.

BUB said...

4 readers now Kaycee!

I am fascinated with UPCYCLING! I just can't get enough of it. And I am really good at recycling.
What do you say to that!

But I do agree with you on the vintage thing. Most of the time, it is just old.