Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Smartie Pants or Smarty Pants? Cause There is a BIG Difference.

I called Ella a smarty pants the other day - literally the other day, not like 3 months ago other day. She was being a trouble maker, so I thought smarty pants was a better choice of words than smart a**. But apparently I really hurt her feelings. It didn't hurt her feelings that I was punishing her by having her clean up the entire loft by herself, or that I was mad at her, or that I raised my voice to her (just a fancy way of saying I yelled at her.) No no she was upset when I called her a smarty pants. When I asked her what smarty pants meant, she didn't know. But Ethan piped in with 'that would be cool if it meant you had smarties in your pants.' Ella was still VERY unimpressed.

BTW -How can Americans even call these things smarties? It's a cryin' shame, they really are missing out on so much without REAL smarites in their lives.

1 comment:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

People think that it is weird that I don't like M&M's and that I prefer Smarties. Smarties are actually good. M&M's aren't.

The other day (like a few years ago) my dad wanted to get the US 'Smarties' to hand out to kids at Halloween. I thought that he was going to ruin halloween for some kids. My parents love those powdery candies though. I think they keep a bag in their closet. Like their secret stash.

My mom on the other hand likes to ruin kids halloween by throwing cans of pop in their treat bags and crunching their candy. You know Debzee.